Individual consumers aren’t the only victims of fraud. There are many illegal schemes that target businesses, large and small, as well as individuals and families. These basic rules will help you avoid scams, regardless of whether con artists use the internet, telephone or mail.:
- Only do business with people you trust and know.
- Get all details in writing.
- Pay attention to all invoices and bills. It is difficult to get your money back after you have paid it to con artists.
- Protect your financial and other account information. Don’t give it to anyone except for a legitimate reason.
- Make sure your employees are aware of scams and what they can do to avoid them.
If your business has been victimized by fraud or a scam, you can get quick and easy access to Top Fraud & Scams Lawyers in your area offering sound legal help and assistance. Simply complete the form at the top-left of this page.